Coconut Water is dubbed as Nature’s sports drink. It’s a natural isotonic drink that is power packed with electrolytes, vitamins and minerals in natural form. Its Nature’s gift to mankind. Loved by the sports personnel, common man, and celebrities alike, this humble liquid found in the hard to crack nut, is the latest hot new health drink. Celebrities Lara Bingle, Madonna, Demi and others all swig it for its nutritional goldmine.
What Is Coconut Water
It’s a clear liquid found inside the young, green and undamaged coconuts. The nuts that are harvested for reaping its drink are young and tender. The coconut water is relished worldwide for its nutritious value and is also the most refreshing drink. This drink is available in health food outlets and popular online stores in pre-packaged form.
Top Reasons Why Drinking Coconut Water Is Good For Health
The natives of the Caribbean islands use it as a heart tonic. Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) wing of the United Nations says its packed with natural electrolytes. This low fat and highly nutritional drink is a healthy alternative to sugar and calorie packed juices and soft drinks. Its consumed by those who are on a weight loss spree.
- Rich In Nutrients– This is one drink that all individuals irrespective of their medical conditions can enjoy. It contains all the essential electrolytes and minerals such as sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium. When the summer sun dehydrates you, sipping coconut water revives and rejuvenates your stamina.
- Reduces Blood Pressure– Drinking coconut each morning helps to balance the electrolytes. This in turn stabilizes the blood pressure. It also brings down the cholesterol levels and prevents blood clots.
- Keeps The Body Hydrated– Human body loses mineral rich fluids when doing rigorous activities. Drinking coconut water boosts hydration as it contains 294 mg of potassium, 25 mg of sodium and 5 mg of natural sugar per glass.
- Hangover Remedy– The next time when you have a couple of drinks more than your stomach can handle, consume this clear liquid to settle your stomach. It will replace all those essential electrolytes that the body loses during the frequent bouts of vomiting.
- Aids In Digestion– If you suffer from acidity problems, consume at least one glass of coconut water. Its rich in fiber that facilitates digestion and reduces acidity.
- Smooth Glowing Skin– Regular consumption of coconut water reduces acne and other blemishes on the skin. It’s a natural source of cytokinins, that regulates cell growth and slows down aging of cells. Apply this liquid on your face to get a glowing and smooth skin.
- Compatible With Human Blood– It quickly rehydrates the human body. In case of a medical emergency coconut water is administered intravenously. Remember its isotonic to human plasma.
There is no hard and fast rule regarding the amount you can consume on a regular basis. Coconut water can be combined with hard beverages or other fruit juices or enjoyed simply as a standalone drink.