Have you watched the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, If you have not, I recommend you to watch this hilarious, rom-com and if you watched it, you are sure to remember the heroine’s dad for whom “Windex is everything. Similarly, for me cold-pressed coconut oil is everything. I use it in my cooking, as a moisturizer for my body, on my baby’s bottom as a diaper cream and many more purposes.Today, in this article I am going to share the top uses of coconut oil that i have in my home. Before I share the uses, I would like to tell you what cold-pressed virgin coconut oil is.
What Is Cold-Pressed Method
In cold press oil extraction method, the oil from the coconut meat or Copra, as called by the Filipinos, is mechanically pressed at temperatures not exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. This is done to preserve the nutrients in the oil. Pure cold-pressed coconut oil is neither refined, deodorized or refined.
Terms virgin or extra virgin is not a fancy name attached to the ordinary coconut oil. The main difference is the method of extraction. Soon, I should be able to give a firsthand info on the various types of coconut oil extraction.
Here we go!
13 Uses For Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- It’s a great cooking oil with a high smoke point. Can be used in baking, stir as well as deep frying.
- In homemade Mayo, replace regular vegetable oil with coconut oil.
- Use it for baking brownies for children.
- It’s a carrier oil, so used along with essential oils such as mint, rosemary, catnip as a natural bug repellent. Coconut oil is used to dilute essential oils before applying them on the skin.
- It’s a natural anti-aging facial moisturizer. Using it on your face before a bath and then washing it off with lukewarm water will show good results.
- Boosts circulation when your feet goes cold and numb during winter season.
- Natural baby lotion. Massaging your bundle of joy with this oil before going to bed not only makes the skin supple and but also aids sound sleep.
- A spoon of coconut oil in a cup of tea will reduce soreness of throat.
- Consuming cold press coconut oil internally will keep allergies at bay and increases your mental alertness.
- To get rid of dry and flaky elbows rub into elbows daily. It’s also a salve for cracked heels and burns.
- After washing up the dishes, to retain the moisture of the skin on your hands gently massage using coconut oil.
- Used as a base oil in homemade creams, balms and soaps.
- Warm some oil and use it to massage your hair before shampooing it off. It helps in healthy growth of hair and also gives it a glow.
Coconut is a healthy replacement for butter and fat. Use it and share your thoughts on the comment box.