Coffee is one of the world’s favorite brews. There are number of good reasons why Americans drink coffee every day. You can either brew a caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee. Or it can be served in several amazing ways. Some of the popular ways include
- Espresso – Here the brew is made using highly roasted coffee beans. Steam is passed through finely ground coffee powder at high pressure. This brew is served in tiny espresso cups.
- Cafe Latte – A mixture of milk and espresso. It’s known as café au lait in France.
- Macchiato – Here the espresso is served with a dash of cold or hot milk.
- Americano – Diluted espresso.
- Cappuccino – This is served for breakfast in Italy. Frothy steamed milk is mixed with espresso to make cappuccino.
- Mocha – This brew is made by adding 1/3 cup of espresso, 1/3 cup of hot chocolate and 1/3 cup of steamed milk.
Coffee as a drink is not considered to be exotic drink. However, when you add a dash of coffee to bakes or puddings, that particular dish becomes exotic. Here are a couple of easy to make recipes.
- Heavy cream – 1.5 cups
- Espresso/strong brewed coffee – 1/2 cup
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsp.
- Salt -1/4 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
In a heavy-bottom pan, combine the cream and coffee. Simmer it over medium heat.
In another bowl, whisk together the salt, cornstarch and sugar to remove any lumps.
Add this to the simmering mixture in the pan. Whisk well. Boil in medium heat for a couple of minutes.
Strain the mixture through a strainer and pour it into serving bowl.
Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least three hours
Serve it with sweet whipped cream. For sweet whipped cream, you need the following ingredients
- Heavy cream – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until peaks are formed. Serve chilled.
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Unsalted butter – 100gms
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
- Finely ground coffee powder – 3 tbsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Eggs – 3
- All-purpose flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Freshly brewed coffee – 6 tbsp.
- Crystallized ginger – 30 strips.
Prepare a metal cake tin. Preheat the oven at 350°F. In a large bowl combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee and salt. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water and whisk the ingredients until butter melts.
If the mixture is hot, bring it to the lukewarm. To this mixture add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk well to blend. Sift the flour and fold into this mixture.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes. Cool the brownies. In a bowl place the chocolate chips over this pour the simmered coffee. Stir until, the chips have melted and the liquid is smooth.
Allow the mixture to cool and thicken. Now spread it evenly over the brownies.
Share your coffee recipes with us.