Its Labor Day weekend and it’s the last get-together of the summer before the autumn sets in. Preparing for the last cookout of this warm and sunny season can be incredibly easy and fun if you have planned a crowd-pleasing spread. Here are a few easy to make last minute recipes for small family get-together.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Cooked & shredded Chicken – 1 1/2 cups
- Chopped celery, apple – 1/2 cup
- Red Onion – Medium sized one finely chopped
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Kosher Salt and ground pepper as per taste
- Sandwich bread – 10 slices
Place the chicken into a large salad bowl. Add celery, apples, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to make the salad.
On a work surface lay out the 5 slices. Spread the salad evenly on the bread slices. Top it with remaining bread. Cut it diagonally.
Grilled Potato Salad
- Gold potatoes – Cut 4 large ones in 1/4 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 2.5 + 2.5 tablespoons
- Grill seasoning – 2 tablespoon
- Rosemary sprigs, – 3 leaves finely chopped
- Oranges – 2 nos peeled and chopped
- Red onion – 1 small one finely sliced
- Arugula – 5 cups
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tbsp
In a bowl, mix the potatoes with oil, rosemary and the grill seasoning. Grill potatoes 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
In the meantime, combine oranges and red onion and drizzle red wine vinegar and the remaining olive oil.
Remove the potatoes from the grill and add it into bowl of dressed oranges and onions.
Add the arugula to the bowl when its ready to serve. Toss well
Chicken-Bacon Pasta Salad
- Pasta of your choice – 1 pound
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Boneless chicken breasts – 1/2 pound
- Kosher salt and grounded pepper – as per your taste
- Cooked and crumbled bacon – 1/2 cup
- Dressing of your choice – 1/2 cup
- Chopped chives – 2 tbsp.
- You can add, steamed corn and bell peppers of your choice. These are optional.
Cook the pasta as per the directions given in the package. Drain and transfer the same into a large serving bowl
While pasta is cooking, heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sauté the same until its cooked and have a golden coating. Transfer the chicken breast on to a cutting board and chop.
In a large salad bowl, add the bacon, pasta and the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well
Garnish with chives. Drizzle the dressing before serving.
Banana Ice Cream
Bananas – 3, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen for 3 hours.
Milk – 1/2 cup
Chocolate syrup -1/4 cup
Peanuts crushed – 1/4 cup
In a food processor, puree the bananas by adding the milk little by little. You need to get a creamy consistency.Scoop into a bowl. Top with crushed peanuts and chocolate syrup.
Here is a complete Labor Day recipes. You are free to share your recipes with us on the comment section.