It’s a misconception that plant-based diets lack protein. Whether you want to build muscle mass, lose weight or simply improve your health, plant-based proteins will play a vital role. Brown rice, hemp, chia and pea proteins are the example of plant-based proteins that can be consumed to reap a myriad of health benefits.
- Chia seeds are rich in fibre and omega-3 fatty acids. These help to keep your blood sugar levels under control and reduce inflammation. Regular consumption of chia seeds promotes weight loss
- The proteins found in hemp are very similar to the proteins found in the human body. It contains all the essential fatty acids(EFAs) required by the body. It’s a source of fiber and can boost your energy and increase the metabolism of the human body.
- Those consuming brown rice has shown reduction in the cholesterol levels. The finer content in this grain keep the blood sugar level under control. Its categorized one of the healthiest foods.
- Consuming peas is considered to be as it a source of fiber and protein. They are free of cholesterols and low in fat and sodium. Peas are a source of vitamin K, vitamin B1, copper, folate, vitamin C, and phosphorus.
Benefits Of Consuming Plant-Based Protein
- Low In Saturated Fat
The unsaturated fats found in the grains and nuts are the healthy alternative to those found in meat, dairy and eggs. Plant-based protein diets have the ability to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood stream.
- Easy To Digest
Plant based protein diet are rich in fiber and therefore crucial for digestion. It offers roughage to the body. When body spends less on digestion, it means there is more energy available for the entire day.
- Help Combat Inflammation And Protect Bone Health
Plant-based diet helps to maintain the alkaline PH level in the body. Therefore, it reduces the acidity formation, relieves stress as well as strengthens the bone.
- Organic And Free Of Growth Hormones Found In Animal Proteins
Plant-based proteins are the best alternative to animal proteins. Meat product industry uses growth hormones as well as antibiotics in the animals. While most of the plant-based dietary proteins are extracted from organically grown plants. Therefore, these are free of chemicals and growth hormones.
Plant-based proteins aid in weight loss. This occurs naturally when you consume vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Lowers The Risk Of Cancer
Organic plant-based diet reduces the risk of various types of cancer such as breast and colon.
Now what more benefits do you need?
Share with us the benefits we have left out, in the comment section.