Black Cherries from Bolivia, blood oranges from Jamaica, pineapple from Peru and pink grapefruit from Gimbi, a place in Ethiopia, are popular among the health freaks. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidants. Those who are on a diet and weight loss programs should consider consuming juices of these fruits. Let’s look at the benefits of each of these fruits.
Black Cherry Juice Health Benefits
As per the study published in the “Journal of Nutrition” a decade ago, Black cherry juice enhances the strength of your joints and reduces the risk of kidney related risk. Drinking a glass of black cherry juice fruit regularly before going to bed helps in sleeping better.
- Antioxidants – This fruit is rich in polyphenols, that have antioxidant properties.
- Anti-inflammatory agent – Regular consumption of this fruit or its juice reduces the risk of inflammation in the body.
- Gout treatment – Those men and women suffering from gout are advised to consume eight to sixteen ounces of the cherry juice daily.
Blood Orange Juice Health Benefits
One blood orange has approximately eighty calories. Those who had the disease known as scurvy were advised to include oranges in their diet.
- Vitamin C – Belonging to the family of citrus fruits, its a rich source of vitamin C. Remember, this vitamin is not produced by the body and must be included in our diet. Drinking two glasses of this juice is sufficient for the recommended daily intake of this vitamin.
- Folic Acid – Also known as Vitamin B9, is an vital element that reduces the risk of certain types of cancer and heart diseases. Recommended for pregnant women as it aids in forming healthy blood vessels.
- Anthocyanins – The red color of this fruit is due to the anthocyanins. This natural compound prevents cancer, bacterial infections, heart disease and diabetes.
- Vitamin A – Promotes the growth of skeletal tissue, aids in skin health and increases the strength of the teeth.
Pineapple Juice Health Benefits
Unsweetened pineapple juice of eight-ounce cup has calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, and iron. The total calories is about 130.
- Anti-inflammatory agent – Contains a proteolytic enzyme known as bromelain that aids in the digestion of protein. Helps in treating sports injuries and prevents clotting of blood.
- Anticancer properties – Beta Carotene in pineapple protects against prostate and colon cancer.
- Heart Benefits – Regular consumption of pineapple juice reduces the risk of heart disease.
The other benefits include lowered risk of cataract, boosts fertility in men and women, helps in digestion and also useful in treating osteoarthritis.
Pink Grapefruit Juice Benefits
When you hear the name of this juicy fruit, your face scrunches up and your taste buds cringe. But this pink fruit is loaded with minerals and vitamins that are beneficial to our health.
- Strengthens immune system – Vitamin C boost the immune system. Consuming half a fruit gives 78% of the recommended daily dose of this vitamin.
- Boosts metabolism – Include this fruit if you are on a weight loss spree. Journal of Medicinal Food, reported in 2006 that those who included half a fruit in their meal lost an average of three and a half pounds in 12 weeks.
- Reduces the risk of kidney stone – The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of this fruit reduces the risk of the formation of cysts in the kidney.
Other benefits include reduced risk against certain types of cancer, fights gum disease and aids in the reduction of stress.
Now you know that all these fruits have certain vitamins and properties in common that makes them extremely healthy.