A water-soluble vitamin C is an antioxidant that has a vital role in maintaining the health of the body. Severe deficiency in this vitamin will result in breakdown of collagen that in turn will result in a skin disease known as scurvy. Other vitamin C deficiency symptoms include dry splitting hair, dry red spots on the skin, slowing down of wound healing, getting bruised easily, bleeding gums and so on.
Benefits Of Eating Vitamin C Enriched Food
- Enhances the production of collagen. This will result in healthy glowing skin
- Better absorption of mineral
- Leads to healthy gums and teeth
- Controls the movement of free radicals
- Improves the blood circulation and heart health
Foods High in Vitamin C
- Orange – A medium sized orange contains around 69.7 mg. Vitamin C. Regular consumption of orange juice can reduce the severity of common cold.
- Chili peppers – A half cup of chopped chili peppers contains 107.8 mg of this vitamin. The capsaicin in the chili may relieve muscle and joint pain.
- Green and Red Bell peppers – Apart from being a rich source of fiber, a cup of this pepper contains 120 mg that is 200 percent the recommended daily dosage of the vitamin.
- Kale – This salad vegetable is a rich of many vitamins such as A, K and C. This green leafy salad vegetable also contains a sizeable dose of fatty acids as well as minerals.
- Broccoli – This is veggies is low in calories and rich in vitamins. It provides 132 mg of vitamin C.
- Papaya -A bowl of sliced papaya has 88.3 mg of this vitamin. Apart being a natural laxative, papaya enhances healthy and glowing skin, strong bones and also aids in clearing sinuses.
- Strawberries – Do you know binging on strawberry can help whiten your teeth naturally. It contains vitamin C, folate and other elements that are beneficial for promoting heart health.
The other veggies and fruits that you should include in your diet are cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, pineapple, kiwi, mango, and more. If we have left out any of the fruits or veggies, please share it with us on the comment section.