Coconut water is rich in electrolytes, potassium, and other vital elements. Its free of cholesterol and fat, low in calories, and its truly a refreshing drink that health freaks are crazy about. However, if you are not a great fan of coconut water, add it to your food. It can be used in smoothies, salad dressings, salsas and even in flour-less chocolate cakes. You get the nutritional value as well as its sweetness in your food.
Healthy Easy To Make Coconut Water Recipes
- Mixed fruit smoothie – Blend together a glass of coconut water along with cubed pineapple, mango, apple and watermelon.
- Popsicle for kids – Blend pineapple juice and coconut water and pour it into the popsicle mold. Its the tastiest frozen snack enjoyed by children on a hot summer’s day. Here you can replace pineapple with ripe strawberries.
- Pancake sauce – A glass of coconut water, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 powdered sugar. Blend it well to make a saucy consistency. Gently drizzle it over your pancakes. Store the remaining sauce. Will stay fresh for a couple of days.
- Coconut cocktail – Make a syrup with soaked black currant and ginger. To this mix vodka and coconut water to enhance the taste of this drink.
Kale and summer fruits salad with coconut water vinaigrette
- 1 bunch kale finely chopped, 1 peach, plum sliced, 1/2 blackberries, 1/2 cup almonds.
- For the coconut vinaigrette – 1/4 cup coconut water, 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice, 2Tsp olive oil, 1tsp salt.
Combine all the above ingredients other than almonds, peaches, plums, and blackberries into a large salad bowl. Mix kale with vinaigrette till the leaves become soft and dark green. Toss all the sliced fruits into bowl and mix well with kale. Garnish the salad with almonds and blackberries.
Simple flour-less chocolate cake with coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 4 ounce cooking butter/unsalted butter
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 pound of bitter chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
Pre-heat oven at 375 degree centigrade. Also prepare a 9-inch cake tin.
Over a double boiler or in a microwave, melt butter, chocolate and coconut water.
In bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar to a ribbon like consistency.
Add melted chocolate mixture to yolk-sugar mixture.
Whip egg whites and salt to a soft peak. Now gently fold the egg white into a chocolate mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees or till the tooth pick comes out clean. cool it on the wire rack before slicing. Serve with cream or ice cream.
Now share your recipes with us.